What there is to know about breast augmentation
- The appearance of the breasts stays natural.
- Breastfeeding, exercise, scuba diving and air traveling are still possible after surgery.
- A mammography is necessary before the procedure.
- Breast implants may need to be replaced after 10 to 15 years.
- Following surgery, a compressive bra has to be worn during a month night and day.
- The procedure can successfully treat asymmetries and defects.
- Advances in breast implant devices offer a safer procedure as well as a wide range of implants : round and anatomical implants, low / medium / high profiles and customized implant volumes.
- Scars are very discreet and small : along the areola border, the inframammary fold or in the underarms.
- The duration of the procedure is approximately 1 hour. An overnight stay under medical observation is usually recommended by the surgeon.
In order to make the right choices regarding breast implants volume and shape, preferences, but also the weight of the patient, her height and the shape of her thorax have to be taken into consideration. The characteristics of the existing breast tissues (possible hypoplasia, ptosis or asymmetry) and the position of the inframammary fold. Implants of different sizes can be tested by patients for a clearer picture of the achievable volume increase.