Botox is the brand name of the most popular neuromodulator product. In aesthetic medicine, it is used to limit the activity of the platysma facial muscles causing, with repeated contractions, wrinkles. Botox injections are recommended for expression wrinkles treatment : forehead wrinkles, frown lines, crow’s feet, folds at the corners of the mouth and in the nose area. Aside from treating facial wrinkles, Botox injections can be used as a preventive treatment to delay aging signs in patients in their twenties.
Are there recommandation before getting Botox injections ?
Botox injections are a medical treatment, therefore there are a few recommendations to avoid any adverse effect. Precautions to be taken before Botox injections include the following :
- Fasting before the injections
- Avoid putting on makeup or cosmetics on the skin
- Warn your practitioner in case of infection signs in order to postpone the Botox treatment
- Warn your practitioner in case of myasthenia as this condition is a major contraindication to Botox injections
- Warn your practitioner if you are pregnant, because Botox injections cannot be performed on pregnant women.
A clinical examination will allow your facial rejuvenation specialist to assess your face thoroughly and determine the optimal treatment course. While Botox injections do provide excellent results, this treatment is used to alleviate wrinkles or prevent them from forming. When wrinkles and folds are too pronounced and associated with skin sagging and other aging signs, cosmetic surgery is usually the better option to achieve satisfying and more comprehensive results.
To make sure you are choosing the right treatment, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Dr.Balti and send pictures of the aging signs you want to get rid of through the contact form of the website.