Body image, confidence and well-being are important for a lot of women and the appearance of their breasts significantly affects all three of those. To improve the shape and size of their breasts with a natural appearance, a lot of women chose breast augmentation surgery in Tunisia. Breast implants are also commonly used after a mastectomy to restore the breasts or to treat deformities.
Overview of the breast augmentation procedure
- Results : final results can be seen between 6 and 12 months post-op.
- Anesthesia : general anesthesia is administered with a laryngeal mask.
- Postoperative pain : mild, on average : 2 to 4 on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Scars : very discreet, typically hidden in the inframammary fold.
- Recovery : 3 to 7 days of rest are needed.
- Exercise : physical activity can resume progressively 3 weeks after surgery.
- Operating time : the procedure is usually 1 hour long.
- Hospitalization : overnight stay at the clinic, or outpatient surgery.
Meeting patients expectations while keeping the breasts natural
Recent studies show a very high satisfaction rate among breast augmentation patients consistently reporting improvements of the appearance of their breasts and figure, but also an improved quality of life : social and personal relations, confidence, self-image and more.
Breast augmentation surgery involves inserting a soft implant in the breasts through an incision. The implants creates volume when it is missing in the breasts. Implants can have different sizes, shapes, textures and profiles to suit each patient’s body type and meet any expectation. For the procedure to be successful and to minimize risks, surgeons pay special attention to the following :
- Defining the patient’s expectations with precision
- Assessing the patient’s morphology
- Recommending the most suited approach
Defining patients expectation precisely
Breast augmentation is not only about creating new breasts, the results need to satisfy the patient and be in accordance with her body. In any case, such as insufficient breast growth during adolescence, amastia (absence of mammary gland) or breast volume loss following pregnancy, the procedure needs to comply with the patient’s perception of her body. During the preoperative consultation, the surgeons works at defining expectation with photo examinations and sizers to try on different sizes and shapes.