Am I a good candidate to fat grafting breast augmentation ?
Here are the reasons motivating patients to request this procedure :
- The breasts seem too small in relation with the rest of the body.
- The figure is not balanced because of overly large hips compared to the size of the chest.
- The patient feels embarrassed when wearing tight tops or swimsuits.
- The breasts have lost volume after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- The breasts have lost volume after weight loss.
- The breasts are asymmetrical.
Requirements to benefit from the procedure include :
- Expecting a moderate volume increase.
- Presenting sufficient fat deposits.
- Realizing that more than once procedure can be necessary to achieve a larger volume increase.
What are the pros and cons of this type of breast augmentation ?
- Like breast implants, the figure can be balanced out with no foreign object introduced in the body.
- There are no detectable breast implants.
- Sufficient fat deposit must exist for harvesting.
- Fat grafting breast augmentation is only recommended for moderate volume increases.
- Weight fluctuations can change the appearance of the breasts.
What happens before the procedure ?
A consultation with your anesthesiologist will take place 48 hours before surgery, a blood sample will be collected then. It is mandatory to stop smoking 1 month before surgery. Taking aspirin, which thins the blood, before the procedure is also prohibited. Surgeons always recommend eating healthy and drinking water sufficiently for an easier recovery.
How long is the procedure ?
Depending on the amount of fat transferred, 2 to 3 hours are necessary to complete surgery, which is longer than a breast augmentation with implants (1 hour on average).